I really wish the controls were wasd zqsd doesn't make any sense at all.
A downloadable game for Windows
During one week, i led a training course for young children. The subject ? How to create a game. Using Game Maker, they made all sorts of fun games in the span of only four days !
So, i challenged myself. During this week, i made a game with the same limitations as them :
- Only use D&D Events/Actions system of Game Maker (No programmation)
- Make all the graphical assets by myself
- Only use the music they had access to (From the famous Humble Dev Bundle from months ago)
- Only use the altered color palette of the Game Boy DMG (with the greenish screen)
With The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild coming soon, i wanted to make a small tribute to this sage. I hope i have achieved this objective.
Play as Squiddy, the small squid child living in the dungeon of an evil dark lord. His parents are monster squid working for the evil dark lord as hero's slayers. However, quality of life is quite poor in the dungeon. Poor healthcare system, high level of criminilaty, ... . In order to enhance the situation, Squiddy's mother tried to talk to the evil dark lord. With one blow, he threw her far outside the dungeon.
Squiddy, as a brave loving child, start his journey in order to save his mother.
PS : Don't mind the father, he's at the bar.
PS2 : Mac & Linux build coming later. Must test on those system before.
- Engine : Game Maker Studio
- Sound Tool : Bxfr
- Design, Programming, Graphics & Sound Effects : Violacrimosum
- Music : FANTASY STARTER MUSIC PACK [Copyright](C) Joel Steudler
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I didn't think about it. It's because, here, in France, we have azerty keyboards, not qwerty. I'll make a small fix allowing a switch between azerty/qwerty.
Coming this weekend.
Thanks for the comment.
PS : I see that you made a double comment, i will delete the double for clarity.